Parco Giardino Sigurtà dates back to the 1400s, during the Venetian domination of Valeggio sul Mincio.
In the beginning it was a real farm on which, over the years, buildings, irrigation systems and fantastic gardens were built. In the middle of the nineteenth century, however, the property was bought by the Sigurtà family, who began a magnificent transformation of the park, also thanks to the right to draw water from the Mincio river.
Today, the park is a true paradise on earth, award-winning and visited every year by thousands of tourists from all over the world.
Main points of interest.
Among the many points of interest that can be visited within the park are
- The Avenue of the Roses, a kilometre-long avenue decorated with more than 30,000 roses, which represents its institutional image
- The Maze, at the centre of which is the Tower, the destination of those who follow the 2,500 square metre path
- The Panoramic Walk, which allows visitors to admire the Mincio Valley and the hills surrounding the park
- The Great Lawn, a large meadow of different types of grass, in the middle of which are two small lakes in bloom, the realm of water lilies and Japanese carp
- The Horizontal Sundial, a magnificent and beautiful sundial dedicated to Galileo Galilei
- The Water Gardens, with its evocative water basins and rotating tulip beds
- The Farm, a play and educational area for families, especially children. There are farm animals, donkeys, sheep and goats
- The Fallow Deer Valley, where these magnificent animals can be admired
The Parco Giardino Sigurtà is located in Valeggio sul Mincio (Verona), Via Cavour 1.
Tel. + 39 045 6371033
Fax +39 045 6370959
- From the Autostrada A4 motorway, take Peschiera del Garda exit, then 8 km in the direction of Valeggio sul Mincio.
- From the A22 Brennero-Modena motorway, coming from the south, take the Nogarole Rocca exit and follow the signs for Valeggio sul Mincio.
- Still from the A22 motorway coming from the north, take the Affi exit, take the dual carriageway for Peschiera del Garda, and follow the signs for Valeggio sul Mincio.
There are four free visitor car parks located 300 metres from the park entrance. They are accessible during the opening hours of the Park.
There is also a charging point for electric cars in the Ristorante Sigurtà car park.